There are lots of reasons to sell your home with me, these are the top three.
- Instead of a 6% commission I sell homes for 8k + 3% that’s offered to buyer agents in the MLS. (As examples, on a 500k sale, the seller saves 7k and with a 600k sale the seller saves 10k.) FAQ’s
- My listings sell for 7-12% more than comparable homes. (excludes any savings from my friendly commission structure.)
- If you’re unhappy or change your mind you can cancel our agreement prior to us receiving an offer.
Why do these things?
Mostly, when I put myself in a sellers shoes these things seem fair but let’s go at each point one by one.
- I‘ve been selling my listings – full service for a flat fee commission since 2003. To me, it’s fair, and it nets my sellers more money. 8k is enough money to fund marketing and get me motivated to work hard. Also, I follow the same 7 step process to sell homes regardless of their sales price and I’ve never gotten clear about why I would charge more for doing the same work. So here I am doing my own thing that makes since to me. It’s a win for everyone and good fair way of doing business.
- How do I sell homes for 7-12% more money? I did some research to figure out what Realtor activities actually sell homes for more money and I do those things. I don’t think I’m t unique in my tactics, but I am in the minority.Use me or someone else either way you should use these steps to making sellers more money .
- Why would I let you out of your listing contract? Seems like the right thing to do. If you are happy and want to sell you wont want out. If you change your mind about selling – that should be a decision you are allowed to make. Just seems like the right way to do business to me.
Other notes to consider
About me and selling homes
Selling your home is about you and your goals, not me and mine. I’m here to serve, and offer the best advice I can. With all the choices you have of who to turn to sell your home, when you pick me – I’m honored. In exchange I offer the most selfless advice I can.
I’ve put the 10,000 + hours that Malcolm Gladwell says I need to be an expert. I’ve been selling homes in a relatively small geographic area since 1994 with about 90% of my sales originating in Central Austin.
Beyond the normal marketing stuff
I employ a stager and a professional photographer to help market each home I list and do so at my expense as a small part of earning my commission. Of course we also do an amazing job on-line etc. but you probably expect that so I won’t bore you with those details unless you ask.
Advocating for my clients
For me, when negotiating I’ve found it’s best to be nice but firm. Sometimes I’ll run into agents who feel it’s their job to be aggressive which is fine but not my style. I tend to be more matter of fact, cordial and as helpful as possible. If someone doesn’t want to buy your home, that’s okay we will find someone else.
Once we get your home on the market, if it doesn’t sell in the first week you’ll get weekly phone updates. These updates include the number of showings your home has had, if any homes like yours have gone pending and advice about what we should do next.
These updates are in part done for my sake and for the sake of our relationship – I view us as a team. I think regular communication is important. It builds trust and when we get in a spot in the middle of your deal I’ll want you to trust me and if you haven’t gotten to know me – that will be a tough thing to do.
Getting ready for the market
Preparation is key. The first three steps to preparing your home for sale are;
1.Inspection and energy audit
If you choose me, I’ll need a few things to get started
•Filled out seller’s disclosure
•Survey if you have one
•The requisite paperwork that gives me permission to sell your home
If you want to visit – call me anytime.