Tarrytown, Old Enfield and Pemberton Heights, in zip code 78703, are all five minutes to downtown Austin.
Many think Tarrytown is the perfect neighborhood and those who live here seem to love it. With gentle hills, beautiful trees, great schools and easy lake access, this is some of the most valuable real estate Austin has to offer.
It’s easy to have fun in this neighborhood, with access to Lions Golf Course, boating along Lake Austin and swimming at the spring-fed, historic Deep Eddy Pool. Also five minutes away is downtown, with all the live music and restaurants you could ever hope for.
Below is a quick neighborhood video. Hope you enjoy.
- Proximity to town, the lake and UT campus.
- Great elementary and middle schools.
- The trees and gently rolling topography.
- The old school; super-charming homes.
- Diversity of architecture between the old, the new and the renovated.
- According to the census, this is the best educated area in our smart town.
- It’s one of the most expensive areas of Austin.
- Randall’s is the only grocery store in the area.
- Some homes in the neighborhood are dated. I think it adds to the charm but not everybody agrees. Often the land is worth more than the homes (hence, there are many development opportunities).
This is a great place for kids to grow up, with beautiful parks, great streets for riding bikes and wonderful schools.
Some of my favorite places to eat in Tarrytown…
Here are some market statistics to give you an idea of what you should expect to spend on the property and which direction the trends are going.